Monday, May 3, 2010

Greg Hatton


Melbourne furniture designer/landscaper/stonemason, Greg Hatton.

The simplest way of understanding Hatton's design philosophy is through the materials he uses in all his designs.

Where do you shop in Melbourne for the tools of your trade? (ie recycled materials, hardware, fabrics etc?)
Hatton: Side of the road for materials apparently its illegal but what isn’t these days.

Timber from Bowerbird timbers out towards Warburton, recycled and windfall timbers, lovely people to deal with …worth the drive.
Recycled Timber and things from Hughes demolition in Oakleigh
I actually scrounge most of my materials, it’s part of my business plan , reuse recycle repair. It’s amazing what people throw away.



I love the floor lamps, the play on light and shadow. I love the quirky ways Hatton works, placing a light which you'd usually hang from the ceiling onto the floor instead, using tree branches as a lamp stand.

Love this chair and the room itself. Looks like you're sitting in an indoor park or forest.


What a cool creation!


The four poster bed looks amazing but I wouldn't want the chandelier of sticks of fall on me during my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment