Saturday, May 22, 2010

A whole new chapter...


I've been out of the design world for a good 6 months now (by personal choice as I just simply needed a break) so in order to find a bit of inspiration I decided to begin where all my best ideas come from, my bedroom.

I wanted to begin exercising the right side of my brain again and decided a constant reminder of what I love doing was the way to go. I saw from a design friend of mine, a photo of the word 'design' spelt out in his room sitting on his bookshelf and so instead of simply buying the letters straight out I went to spotlight and decided to do a bit of DIY arts and crafts.

I bought the letters of the word 'design' and decided to spray paint them black, all except the letter 'i'. The reasoning behind this was because as an interior design graduate, I wanted to remember that I am not just a designer, I am an interior designer, hence not spray painting the letter 'i'.


The positioning of them was carefully thought out as I wanted to be reminded of it so above my bed was the way to go as I would be it last thing I saw before I went to sleep and first thing when I woke up.


I know that spray painting a few letters and sticking them up isn't much but it certainly reignited my love for design.

1 comment: